In a scenario where an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) disrupts electronic devices, communication becomes crucial for survival. Here are five effective methods of communication and ways to shield your equipment from EMP damage.
1. Ham Radio (Amateur Radio):
- Ham radios operate on different frequencies and can continue functioning despite EMP interference. Invest in a quality ham radio set and familiarize yourself with basic operating procedures. Join local ham radio clubs for community support.
2. CB Radio (Citizens Band Radio):
- CB radios are simple and reliable for short-range communication. They operate on different frequencies than those affected by EMPs. Keep a well-maintained CB radio in your emergency kit for local communication.
3. Morse Code:
- Consider learning Morse code as a timeless and EMP-resistant communication method. Flashlights, signal mirrors, or sound can be used to transmit Morse code messages. It's a skill that can be handy in various survival situations.
4. Courier Communication:
- In the absence of electronic communication, revert to traditional methods. Utilize couriers, whether human or animal, to relay messages between locations. Establish pre-determined meeting points and use coded messages for added security.
5. Preparedness through Faraday Cages:
- Protect your electronic devices from EMP damage by storing them in Faraday cages. These cages shield devices from electromagnetic radiation. Construct a Faraday cage using conductive materials like metal or purchase commercially available options for critical equipment.
Remember, EMP preparedness is as much about prevention as it is about alternative communication methods. Be proactive in safeguarding your devices to ensure you have reliable means of staying connected in the event of an EMP.
Keep On Prepping
Join us @